It’s not unusual for mega yachts to haul out at Lauderdale Marine Center requiring extensive work on multiple parts of the boat. That was the case for a 135 foot Broward yacht when she came into the yard. The Captain of the yacht approached High Seas with a laundry list of requirements that included hydraulics and running gear jobs. High Seas is unique in the sense that we have the expertise to work on both areas, providing a central point of contact that can help to design the most efficient work flow through coordinated schedules.
For this yacht, we were hired to:
- Perform a full NAIAD 505 service with shafts out and new bearings
- Do a full rebuild on the Hydraulic Steering System including removing the HPU and replacing hoses
- Reinstall PTOs on new generators with new hoses
- Refurbish the steering cylinders
- Remove rudders for a bearing inspection and repack stuffing boxes
- Remove shafts for new bearings, packing and alignment
- Complete removal and rebuild of Maxwell 11000 windlasses
In coming posts, we will walk through the steps we took to make this yacht ship shape again.